Hobbies are important to our healthy believe it or not. Finding something that takes your mind off of the everyday hustle will relieve tension and stress, build confidence, strengthen your memory and build relationships to name a few. Hobbies are for your pure enjoyment and should not be work. Research shows that people who have hobbies are generally much happier.
How do you find a hobby if you don’t like anything you ask? Here are a few ways to find something that you love!
- Think back to your childhood. What did you love doing? What does your 8 year old self miss doing? Riding bikes? Climbing trees? Making bracelets? Drawing? Writing? Building? Once you think of something, make it an adult activity; if it’s bike riding, try cycling or bike riding, if it was climbing trees, try rock climbing or hiking, if it was drawing, take a paint class, etc.
- Still struggling to figure out what you loved as a child? Try this. Go to a book store, sporting store or craft store. Walk up and down the isles. What jumps out as you, what interests you? Is it a cookbook? A baseball bat? A scrapbook? If it interests you, it could be a good hobby to try.
- Still need ideas? Look around your house. Did you start a project that you never finished? Baby book for your child? Photo Album? Scrapbook? Organizing something? Refinishing a piece of furniture? If you have an unfinished project, maybe it is time to pick it up!
- What are your guilty pleasures when you go shopping? What do you buy often? Smelly candles? Makeup? Skincare? Wall Art? Jewelry? Maybe it’s time to learn how to make candles, jewelry, home skincare or art!
- What was the last thing you did that made you forget to eat? Whatever that was…do it again!
Life is about finding something that makes you happy and doing it with people who are seeking the same goals as you. I love to run with my music pumping and I also started my own online business because I love to teach, I’m creative and I love to set goals and reach them. When I found LimeLife I knew I found my hobby. It is a positive and supportive environment and it makes me forget to eat when I am working on it! Ask me how I started, who knows, maybe you’d like this too. Email me as firstname.lastname@example.org
Read my Blog on How to Run a 5k when you aren’t a runner!
follow me on facebook