Finding what makes you happy is good for your health. When you are able to find balance between family, friends and yourself, you are better able to deal with your emotions, both negative and positive. When challenges arrive you are more able to handle them. Problems are easier to solve and you feel good.
When your life is balanced, it doesn’t mean you are happy all the time, it just means you can handle your emotions better. Healthy people still get angry, sad and feel stressed, the feelings are just controlled.
Emotional health is learned. There are steps you can follow to be happier.
- Find your balance. Balancing work, recreation, movement and rest is an essential step in finding life happiness. Look for the positive things in life and things that bring you joy.
- Exercise. When you move, your emotional health is much stronger. Exercise, eat healthy, and sleep.
- Socialize. Go out with the girls, go out with the guys, double date or plan a party…We are social humans. We need other people.
- Find what you love to do. Figure out what you love to do and focus on that. This could be anything from your career, your family or hobby. Do what makes you feel good and has meaning to you.
- Be positive. Look at problems as lessons, they all have solutions. Focus on the good. Help others and be kind. Own your mistakes and know it’s ok to make them. Always forgive others.
- Be confident. Believe in yourself and know that you are worth it. You are great and deserve it. Love yourself, stand tall and walk proud. It feels good! Listening to motivational podcasts is a good place to start!
- Pay attentions to your feelings and reactions. What makes you happy, mad, sad, annoyed, or frustrated? Monitor how you react then decide how you would like to react next time.
- Express your Emotions. Tell people how you feel and why. Keeping it inside will also cause you to be unhappy. Key to a good relationship with anyone is communicating feelings.
- Think first, act second. Count to 10 and take a deep breath before saying or doing anything…Emotions make us react and we may do or say something we regret.
- Don’t Stress. Change situations that make you anxious. If you are in a stressful situation find something to relax you, like deep breathing, counting or going for a run! We control our emotions.
Out of these 10 actions, how many can you honestly say you do? It is 6 out of 10 for me and I am a happy gal! My weakness is expressing my emotions to others, what’s yours?
Comment below or send me an email. I would love to hear about what makes you happy and what you are working towards!
With love: NicholaMarie